Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bad Apple


I just devoured the worst non-green apple I've ever had in my life. There's plenty of other things to eat here at the office. Cookies, pizza, doughnuts... just waiting to be scarfed. Just not by me. I eat disgusting apples and tastless vegetables. I, like the rest of America, am trying to lose a pound or two.

In an Alanis-Morissette kind of way, it is ironic. We never have doughnuts around here. Not, at least, until they can no longer be consumed by me.

I, like Whoopee, am on the Weight Watchers diet. Food has ceased to be food. I don't look at a sandwich and say, "That looks like a delicious sandwhich." I say "Hmmm... the bread is 2 points, the cheese is 2 points, the ham is a point, etc." Everything is points! My gross apple wasn't an apple at all, it was only 1 measly point.

In a way, it has taken the enjoyment out of eating... In another, it has put it back in. When I finally do indulge my sweet tooth, that half-scoop of ice cream (5 points) is the best ice cream in the world.

No comments: