Monday, May 21, 2007

Farewell Barker

In honor of Bob Barker's retirement, I'll post a poem I wrote about The Price is Right back in March of '02.

A Kiss from Bob
I’ll never forget mom’s face
when Mr. Roddy did her the honor.
COME ON DOWN!

For seeming slow motion she sure did get down there quick.

All the hard work, the customized t-shirt, the 14-hour drive, the cheap motel, the last-minute lipstick stop.

All
worth it.

The Eurekaâ power steam cleaner didn’t even fit in the trunk.
Too much luggage.
We tied it on the roof.
It didn't really matter. She’d only bid a dollar anyway.

And even though she didn’t win the car,
or spin a dollar on the wheel,
she went home with exactly
what she wanted.


On a more serious note, please help control the pet population by having your dog or cat spayed or neutered.

No comments: