Thanks to my neighbor Scott for helping me come up with that one. It's pretty sad that it takes 2 grown men to come up with one lame inappropriate joke.
Ute fans, you're very welcome for my role in last night's victory. Again, I was in "the zone" as far as the button pressing goes (see my post from a couple weeks back if you don't know what I'm talking about).

But last night the team didn't even need my help. The Utes simply outplayed the team down South. Stopping the Cougars from doing the hakka was a sign of things to come: you don't come into our house and disrespect us. It was a night of beauty.
The Utes beat the best BYU team in more than 20 years by 24 points!
Here is a picture I took to remember the moment (and yes, that is the back of Mike Runge's head on the bottom left in case you were wondering).

For most teams, seasons like this only come along once in a lifetime (cough... 1984... cough cough). Twice in 4 years is unbelievable!
Go Utes!
4 comments:
Your work last night was impeccable Ike! My only complaint was where were the scores? Did you show any scores last night?
Church was sure fun today. I didn't even say anything to any of the zoobs - they just knew.
There was only one score that mattered yesterday... 48 - 24.
1984 was a national championship.
2 BCS games, no national championship.
Dear Anonymous troll,
Back in 1984 there was no such thing as the BCS. It's slightly ironic that the system we try so hard to bust into is the same system that is holding us down.
BYU could go undefeated 3 seasons in a row and still not win another national championship. How does that make you feel anonymous?
I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that you were probably not even 10 years old in 1984. I'm sure BYU's championship meant a lot to you back then, being a 5 year old and all. Keep reliving the glory, whatever makes you feel better anonymous.
The Utes won the national championship in basketball back in 1944. You don't see Ute fans bringing it up all the time.
Anonymous, don't be a coward. Step forward and make yourself known!
Post a Comment