Monday, December 07, 2009

Worst Christmas Song Ever

Sorry Cheeseboy - I'm sorry to say you've made an egregious omission to your annual list of awful Christmas songs. I handle a lot of the listener feedback here at Utah's Official Christmas Music Station - FM100.3, and so I know the general public will agree with me on this one.

Unfortunately - for every person that hates a song with great passion, there are 2 others who secretly love it. This song supposedly tested OFF THE CHARTS with our listeners. But it is by far the most evil, awful Christmas song ever laid to 8-track tape.

Without further ado, I give you Dear Mr. Jesus...



Powerful stuff. Just be grateful I spared you all the bloody kids with their eyes swollen shut version.

And now to get that horrible taste out of your mouth, I rest my case and give you Luke's version of Jingle Bells...


Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Not sure why that would be a Christmas song. Who exactly are they testing that that one would be off the charts? And "Mr. Jesus"? "Hey, Mr. Jesus" - who opens a prayer like that?" I'm going to start using "Yo God"... it's okay cause it tested off the charts at FM 100.

Luke is great.

Cowboy Curtis said...

Oh man, that song is truly awful. I really can't believe you guys play that. Like, if I was going to come up with a song that was so crappy that if I played it it would be the funniest joke on the world, I would pick this song. Further, the song is about domestic violence, not Christmas. Part of me longs for the days of the true 100 hours of Christmas circa 1987 where crappy songs like this weren't ever played. I am really in disbelief. And what is with the guy at the end coming in out of nowhere? Totally bizarre.

Michele said...

"fo fo fun it is to ride". i like lukes version. awesome.

Unknown said...

Love those little boys! And Luke sure did a great job on his song!

Charis said...

I hate that song! I heard it like the first day of the christmas music and it made me almost swear I would never listen to fm 100.3 ever again. . . luckily I haven't heard it since. I do not know why it is a christmas song. Since when is a song a christmas song just because it mentions the name of Jesus!?! and why do we play songs that whole purpose is to bring gloom!?! Christmas is a happy time. I am not saying that we shouldn't remember the unfortunate, I mean, the christmas shoes song, though not my favorite, at least tries to inspire the feeling of christmas. . . this song. . . just tries to make everyone sad and angry that there are idiots out there that abuse their children. I see enough of that on the news, I don't need it on my christmas music station! It isn't christmas music!

Charis said...

ps. i think that luke should be on the fm 100 christmas station. . . that is definantly a better depiction of christmas than most of the christmas songs on the radio. you should take it in.