Monday, October 16, 2006

Oink Oink

Because I work at a radio station, over the years I've been the beneficiary of hundreds of dollars worth of free "crap." Normally it's just that. Crap. I couldn't tell you how many XL t-shirts I have rotting in my closet.

Last weekend my wife, brother and I took a road trip to Laramie to visit some friends and see what can only be described as a debacle of a football game, as my beloved Utes took on, er... layed down for the Pokes. It was miserable. But there was one redeeming factor in the whole thing... We didn't pay for our tickets!

On the way to the game, we stopped by the local Wal-Mart where a radio station was doing a remote. My brother zipped up his coat to cover his Utah red and introduced himself to a guy named Tumbleweed. Before I knew it, we were back on the road with tickets in hand! How exciting!

I am now officially what we industry insiders unaffectionately call a "prize pig."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club, we're glad to have you