I, like most of the Jazz fans reading this, was nervous before the Jazz game started tonight. "What if they lose?" I thought. "They'd be taking a huge step backward. There's no way they'll win a game 7 in Houston 2 years in a row." Getting up by 19 in the first quarter, I let myself get comfortable. Unfortunately, so did the Jazz. So when the lead dwindled to just a single point, I about peed my pants. I don't know why I let myself get so emotionally involved. I'm just a typical fan, I guess.
Speaking of fans (but probably not typical ones), did you know a Houston fan put a fake NBA commercial up on YouTube making fun of the Jazz?
I have to hand it to him, it's pretty clever. It left nerdy Jazz fans everywhere (well - actually only in Utah - are there Jazz fans outside of Utah?) scrambling to score a comeback, including a co-worker of mine who spent at least a day's worth of company time (no kidding) working on this bad boy...
But the Houston fan thought of it first, so he scores extra credit points. Too bad for him he can't add those extra credit points to Houston's score. Who's laughing now rocketsqtc? Who's laughing now?
How good was Deron Williams tonight? I know this is going to sound dorky, but today at work I downloaded a Deron Williams wallpaper for my computer desktop. It seemed so juvenile, but I just couldn't help myself. Well after tonight's performance, it's staying on there for awhile.
Will the Jazz beat L.A.? Probably not. I already made my prediction clear in an earlier post. But right now it's nice to savor the moment and appreciate a job well done. And there's always hope.
2 comments:
Good video. I don't know who I hate more the Lakers or the media kissing the Lakers' butt. Next abc game might have to be on mute because I can't stand to have everything the Lakers do glorified. I'm pretty sure if abc had video of Kobe using the bathroom they would use at MVP propaganda.
Ike, I found you through Jana's. Those videos were great. I'll make sure I have Brett check them out. He'll love it.
Brett and I decided that the Playoffs are rough enough and they always make you hate every member of the opposing team so much. We often wonder . . .could we hate Kobe more? I guess we'll find out.
Post a Comment