Gift #1: Nutella
Nutella is the popular European hazelnut spread, good for a chocolaty smear on bread, crackers, fruit, whatever.Finally, it has recently become available in the U.S.
P.S. CORRECTION: I'm told this has been available in the U.S. for awhile. Thanks for not getting it for me last year, jerk!
When I was on my mission in Portugal, they would sell American hot dog buns filled with this stuff. I called them "Portuguese Twinkies" and would eat them all the time.
Found at: Albertsons, Smiths
Gift #2: Coldplay Tickets
Heck, I would even settle for a single ticket! Esther - I would even sit on your lap if you can find a way to get me in for free.Yes I realize the concert takes place BEFORE my birthday, but that doesn't matter. If you want to prove you love me the most, buy me a Coldplay ticket.
What better way to celebrate the U's victory over the team down South than a loud rock concert by one of the best bands on the planet?
Found at: Ticketmaster.com
Gift #3: PB Slices

Getting back to the ever so important food category (hey, it's vital for my life! Don't you want me to continue living?), I would like to try (on your buck) this new invention, "P.B. Slices."
Why get a knife dirty every time I want to eat a peanut butter sandwich? This nifty invention takes a page out of the crappy Kraft American cheese book and removes peanut butter from sticking to a knife and puts it where it belongs - in my belly.
Found at: PBSlices.com and supposedly Associated Food stores, although I have yet so see it at Dick's.
Gift #4: A Funny t-shirt

I am a long-time visitor of sites like bustedtees.com. But never have I purchased anything. In fact, I don't think I've paid hard-earned cash for a t-shirt since the Pedro the Lion concert almost 8 years ago. It probably helps that I get all the free tees I'd ever want (but not the ones I'd choose) from my work.
But if we were recently in a spat, and you want to make it up to me, take the plunge! Hint: I will forgive you for anything if you give me a Vandalay Industries tee.
Found at: Bustedtees.com, shirt.woot.com, and probably Wal-Mart.
Gift #5: A Wii

Say you're going to school in New Mexico. You own a wii, and you want to play Mario Kart online against your best friend who is hundreds of miles away.
Only one problem, he doesn't have a wii! Well there's an easy solution to this problem, just buy him one! You wouldn't be giving a gift only to him - you'd be giving a gift to yourself.
What's another $300 added to the student loans? You'll be making $100k/year soon. In the grand scheme of things, that's chump change!
Thanks in advance Nate! I knew I could count on you!
Found at: Finally in stock at most retail stores.
Thank you everyone in advance for your generosity!
PS. I also plan to register at Target!
7 comments:
Thanks Ike. I have been wondering what to get you for your birthday. :)
Only 5 gifts? You better think harder!
Oh, and I had Nutella in highschool French class, so it must not have been available to evil Vikings! (I would insert the winking smiley here, but I don't think it's appropriate to wink at your neighbor who is the opposite sex, or your friend's husband either!)
That's a weird comment.
I bought a PTL t-shirt 8 years ago as well. It's never let me down. I've received two add. Pedro shirts since, and neither has been as good.
Just so you know, Nutella's been around in the U.S. for at least 15 years, if not longer. I love it too. It's got a chocolate nutty goodness to it. And no, I'm sorry, but I'm dragging Josh to the Coldplay concert. Sorry to you and sorry to Josh, who's not thrilled to go, but is going because he loves me. Happy birthday to me (the day before yours).
I'll give you my wii when the super wii360 HD 1080p wifi limited edition console comes out.
Post a Comment