Friday, February 06, 2009

My thoughts on 8 random things

No, I was not tagged. And don't worry, I'm not starting a tag either. I just have a lot of thoughts floating in my head (especially since I haven't blogged in nearly a month) and wanted to throw them out, not even necessarily to see if they'd stick or not. Just to let them out like little dogs that have to pee, freeing them from urinating in the confines of my noggin. So without further ado, I give you 8 random thoughts...

1. Is there no doubt that the best 24 hours of the year will start on the night of March 2nd? That's the night Conan takes over the Tonight Show. It is no secret that I have never been a big Leno fan (although we do watch Headlines every Monday), so this is a huge development (and possibly a huge blow to my bedtime). And to cap it off, the very next day the new U2 album "No Line on the Horizon" comes out. What a day indeed. If now only we could get Kimmel to replace Letterman...

UPDATE: Today is 3/3 and I must say I'm bummed out. The new U2 album leaked and I've been listening to it for weeks now. A little anti-climatic if I do say, but I have been enjoying it. And somehow I was misinformed! Conan won't be taking over The Tonight Show until June! Bummer.

2. If the Ute basketball team actually makes the NCAA tournament this year, I believe they will win at least one game. Sorry Cougar fans, if BYU makes the tourney, I give the Cougars no chance to end their drought of however many years it's been since they actually won a tournament game. This year's Ute team has heart, and has recently been playing above their ability instead of below it like they have the past 5 years. Even though the Utes will most likely get spanked in Provo, you don't know how much I enjoyed yelling "Just like football!" at the Huntsman Center last week.

3. I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry came out in 2007, right? In that case, The Love Guru has to be the dumbest movie of 2008. I listened to everyone telling me to avoid it, but last week Jana made the mistake of not consulting me and picking this bad boy out at Redbox. The sad thing is we watched it through to the bitter end. For some reason, we never turn off crappy movies. It's like when you go to a restaurant and order the wrong thing - you force yourself to eat it because you paid good money for it. But Redbox is only a dollar! Let it go Ike and Jana! I remember when I rented Speedracer and watched the whole thing, all the while wishing someone would shoot me in the head.

4. Having Lasik surgery was the best decision I've made in the past year. I had a follow-up appointment yesterday and I'm seeing 20/20 in both eyes! I use the exclamation point not because I'm surprised, but excited. Yesterday one of my coworkers lost a contact and instead of feeling sorry for him I was just happy for myself. It was a validation of my decision to have it done. It's been awesome.

5. Did you know MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are coming in concert together? No kidding! I most likely won't be going. Any event that we can't take kids to already starts with a strike against it. Since this is in Utah County it gets an automatic 2nd strike. And the fact that tickets are $32 is strike #3. Even though I won't be attending, the fact that this is actually happening and not a figment of my imagination brings a smile to my face.

6. One event I do plan on attending - Martin Short, March 13th in Wendover. Before I forget - do you want to go with me Jacob? Jacob and I always shared an affection for Jiminy Glick. Although I'm sad to say I watched the Jiminy Click movie all the way to the bitter end as well. That hurt.

7. It's official: my wife has moved up from her ametuer status and is now a professional photographer! With absolutely no classes and a very limited idea of what the word aperture means or what an F-stop is, Jana continues to get better and better! Check out her photography blog here. And hire her to take your pictures - while she's still cheap.

8. Who's ready to go golfing with me? I'm done with winter. The warm weather yesterday gave me hopes that there will be golf in my immediate future. If anyone goes golfing soon let me know - I want in.

And there you have it - my thoughts on 8 random things. And now I tag Abe just to bug him.

3 comments:

Jana Banana said...

I will go golfing with you anytime!

And thanks for the nice compliment, I love you!

Cheeseboy said...

Best go golfing now, I hear that it is supposed to snow this week. I look forward to Conan at a reasonable hour - just wish he would bring back the sidekick.

Jana takes professional pictures. I can't tell a difference.

Heather and Jake said...

I'll let Jake answer for himself, since this is Heather. I don't know if he'll be able to galavant off to Wendover 4 days before our baby is due, but I think he would have a blast. He had me watch the best of Jiminy Glick with him the other night...he said you gave it to him for Christmas one year or something. It was entertaining and very strange. My favorite role martin short has ever played is in the movie, "Clifford". Go rent it!