Monday, April 12, 2010

Mom Blog It Is

With the risk of this post sounding "mom bloggy," I still wanted to share something cute Luke said the other day.

It was 2 days after Clara was born and we were just settling in after getting home from the hospital. It had been a wild couple of days, and the boys spent almost the last 72 hours with their grandparents.

We were all sitting on the couch watching a Disney cartoon or something, and Luke turned to me and said,"Dad, we're being together. Huh dad? Am I right dad?"

Now Luke says a lot of cute things every single day. He is always telling me how cool I am and Jana how pretty she is. But this time took the cake. My heart melted and I realized how dang lucky I am to have the perfect little family that I do.

Today I had the priveledge of attending the funeral of my boss's dad. He died too young, and I really didn't know him, but it was evident how great of a father he was and how much he loved his family. Being there with coworkers helped put life into perspective for me. So since it's now a titch after 5:00, I'll be wrapping up this post and heading home to the ones I love most.

But before I leave, here's my song of the day - the best track off of the new Pearl Jam album (best band of all-time by the way, but that's another post for another day), and the soundtrack of this small snapshot of my life.


I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

There. Mom bloggy enough for ya? Don't worry regular readers, I'll be back to my narcissistic ramblings soon.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on living the good life. And I, for one, would love to read your Pearl Jam tribute at a future date.

Cheeseboy said...

I'm interested in the Pearl Jam tribute as well.