Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Conan vs. Colbert (with a side of Stewart)

If you read my blog, you know I'm a huge fan of both Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien. I never miss the Colbert Report, and I can't wait until Conan takes over The Tonight Show from the most-the-time unfunny Leno. They are 2 of the funniest 3 human beings on the planet (Jerry Seinfeld being the other).

If one good thing comes out of the writers strike and Mike Huckabee foiling Romney's Presidential bid, let it be this...


Hilarious. And it was even funnier if, like me, you watched both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report earlier in the day. What makes a great joke is anticipation. We want so much to laugh, and the longer we wait to let that laughter out, the funnier it is once we do.

ps. As much as I dislike Leno, I LOVE Headlines! Who doesn't? Has anyone else noticed that Letterman now does a segment called "Small Town News" that is exactly like Headlines? LAME LETTERMAN! Just because the Top 10 lists stopped being funny 10 years ago doesn't make it okay to steal your rival's best bit. How would you feel if Leno started doing a "Top Nine," or "Dumb Homosepian Tricks?" C'mon, you're better than that. Maybe it's time to retire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now it is just personal favorites, but Stewart is the funniest for me. I love Colbert and Conan, but Stewart is the wittiest of the 3. As for Letterman, yes he should retire. He will go down as one of the all time greats with Carson, but he has definitely has slipped these past few years. I will still watch him over Leno anytime.

By the way, BYU still sucks!