I arrived expecting the other celebrity judges to be B-listers like Thurl Bailey, Kirby Heyborne or perhaps the black guy from Jericho Road. I was planning on feeling a little out of place, but was hoping maybe I'd get a free pass and people would think I was in another local boy band or maybe an extra in Singles Ward or something.
So I was taken aback when I found out who the other celebrity judges were... Jazz Bear and the Utes' Swoop. Not exactly A-listers, I suppose, but not regular folk either. I was lonely and embarrassed to be the only judge not wearing an over-sized bulletproof head, let alone one of the only people in the entire building not in a costume of any kind. I stood out like a sore thumb, and I just wanted to climb in a hole and hide.
After what seemed like hundreds of curious people asking me who I was and even a few kids asking for my autograph (no kidding), plus being sprayed by silly string a half dozen times, the contest was finally over. I couldn't tell you who won - it was all a blur.
It was one of those few moments in life that while experiencing, I couldn't wait to look back on it and laugh.
6 comments:
I read the first line of your entry and then looked at the picture and just started to crack up! What a celebrity! Who is this guy? I wonder what the audience thought.
Funny that they have name tags! Like people would not know who Bear or Swoop are. What did your name tag say?
It says "Bonneville Radio's Ike Yospe."
Isaac,
Hey it's your cousin Rachelle. I noticed a comment from someone in your family on Tim's blog and was thrilled to find the Yospe crew. I love that you were a judge along with two mascots! Go Ike! Can I have your autograph too??
I think crazy Mary Poppins is giving you rabbit ears so you can tell people that you were dressed as a man bunny. But really you should have gone as a man hiding in a hole. That would have won the contest!
cuz.
sorry about the typo on my blog, it has since been fixed. We can now be friends again!:-)
Post a Comment