Over the years, I had heard a lot about LaCaille, especially from my parents, who seem to dine there about 15 times a year for different functions that my dad is invited to. I'd heard how nice the property is, how it feels like you step out of Utah and into France. I'd heard how the food is ridiculously expensive and the portions are pretty small. But no one ever bothered to tell me about the most surprising thing of all - CLEAVAGE!
And lots of it, spilling out of the authentic french costumes. My goodness! I can honestly say I was shocked. And I don't shock easily! It reminded me of going to Hooters (not that I have a frequent diner card there or anything) - only worse! At least at Hooters the girls are covered up.
The funniest part was after lunch when I used the men's room. To get to the bathroom you have to walk down what I'll forever call the Corridor of Cleavage. An entire wall covered with pictures of every girl who ever dressed up like a wench in a push-up bra to serve food at LaCaille! There must have been hundreds of them! It's good Jana didn't have to use the restroom because I could've stayed and looked at those pictures for hours! Thank you Jana for whisking me out of there!
Other than that, the food was pretty good, the service was fine, and the grounds were incredible. It's just crazy to me that here you have what many would consider the most upscale (if not most upscale, at least - most expensive) restaurant in town, and there are girls dressed in costumes that most around here wouldn't even think appropriate for Halloween, grinding your pepper and bringing you ice cream.
Needless to say, we already booked a reservation to go back next week! Just kidding.
ps. Pardon the picture of the backs of our heads, it's the only one the FM100 errand boy took that had us in it. And sorry men - no cleavage shots. This is a family blog!
3 comments:
Hey! I thought I told you about the ample bosoms you would encounter!
Sometimes I stretch the truth for the sake of a good story. Sue me.
Congratulations on your first trip to La Kie. Personally, I'd rather go to The Pie. abe
Post a Comment