Monday, April 07, 2008

Hodge Podge

Chances are if you're reading this blog you're sitting in front of your computer bored. I'm not gonna kid myself, It Takes Two to Lie is one of the final destinations on the road of boredom. Believe me, I've been down that road. Here are some other stops along the long and boring road we call the internet.

  • If you've read my blog from the beginning, you know I don't like David Letterman. If you haven't been a loyal reader, just search my blog for his name. Well, here's another huge reason to not like him.
  • Did you catch the The Singles Ward 2 commercial immediately following conference? That movie has to already have been out for months because I know I've passed it up at Redbox at least a dozen times. Have you ever watched a really bad movie and the credits come on at the end and you can't help but think to yourself "I can't believe how many people put time and effort into this piece of crap!"
  • In other bad remake news... a Short Circuit remake is on the way... I can't wait! Can you think of any other movies that should never have had sequels or have been remade? Beethoven and Problem Child come to mind.
  • If you haven't read Abe's post about Pioneer trek, you're missing out on possibly the single most important debate of our time.
  • Welcome Jon & Kim to the blogging world. If you think their blog is super cute, that's because I designed it for her! I've spent too many painstaking hours (okay, really like 2 or 3) figuring out how to do this to not share it with others. If you want to change your blog and don't want to pick one of the thousands of free templates out there, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
  • And last but not least, you can add bringing children out of comas to Mr. T's resume.
Hope I was able to cure your boredom for at least 4 minutes.

4 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Thanks for the promo Ike. This is truly a debate that needs discussion.

As far as Letterman is concerned, the man just needs to retire. He lost all hope of originality and importance about 8 years ago. But back in the day, he was the Conan of NBC.

The Yospe's said...

I still find him mildly entertaining. Probably because I only watch once a week, and not every night. However, "Will It Float" needs to go.

Cowboy Curtis said...

I truly think you are wrong with the "Problem Child" comment. Problem Child 2, Junior in Love, was one of my favorite films as a child. Many-a-sleepover was spent with that movie (rented at 3-D Video) and a bag of free stale popcorn. I long for those days.....

Anyway, it really has some funny jokes in it, and if you really have seen it (which I doubt you have) you wouldn't have said that.

"Ben Healy: Junior, you remember Ms. Klaukinski.

Junior: How could I forget? Her pie gave us the runs."

Anonymous said...

Alright Ike- I am turning to you for some help with blog layouts...my wife has been hounding me to get a new layout, and not from the already picked over templates. Any advice on what to do?

By the way, thanks for IHOP!