Friday, April 25, 2008

Photoshop Monopoly

So Jana has taken the digital leap. About a month ago she enrolled in a beginning digital scrapbooking class through Centerville City. Every Wednesday night for the past 4 weeks she's left me and the kids behind to learn how to use the magic wand tool, how to get rid of zits, and how to whiten teeth.

For some reason when Jana asked me if she could take the class and I said yes she was totally surprised. Am I really that unsupportive? I hope not. I was happy Jana wanted to learn a new skill, and the more she learns Photoshop the less I have to help her!

Also, I quite enjoy my time alone with the kids. I look forward to Wednesday mornings when Jana goes to work and I get to stay home and watch Curious George or - dare I say it? - Barney with Luke. Luke's even nicer to me when mommy isn't home (he's very much a momma's boy). And Max is just an angel baby, always happy & smiling & easy-going. I don't think I could ever be a stay-at-home dad, but in doses it's great.

Anyway - back to the point of this post. When Jana signed up for this BEGINNING class, the instructor had her sign a legal document saying she would NEVER take the skills she was learning to teach a class of her own. I guess this lady has a former student who now teaches a similar class in Ogden and this fact just eats at her. She's going for a Photoshop monopoly. Only she may teach.

I got news for you lady - It ain't rocket science. 99% of what you teach these people are capable of teaching themselves. I'm not saying what you do isn't noble. Helping others learn to crop or work in layers or resize pictures or whatever else you teach is great and you should get a one-way ticket to heaven for your dedicated service. But for you to teach someone how to use the lasso tool and then turn around and say they can't teach it to others is just ridiculous! You teach a BEGINNING scrapbooking class! Get over yourself!

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Is Grandma Yospe still in that photoshop class?

Woolf Family said...

I think Jana should teach Ike then Ike should start a class.

Cowboy Curtis said...

Um, so what is she going to do, sue you? Yeah right. Is there a time limit to that "non compete" clause? Besides, like she is going to spend money fighting that....

I will pay Jana to teach Jen photoshop. Let us know how much....