Tuesday, August 14, 2007

To catch... a nose picker

"I think there is something you should know... I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. We've been watching you. We've seen you picking your nose when stopped in traffic. How do you explain yourself?"

Yes, this very well could be the next in Dateline's "To Catch a" series. They branched out from doing what I've already deemed good work catching perverts to also catching identity theives. Ok, that's fine. But Dateline\tocatch_an i-Jacker was just too much.

If you missed it, in NBC's latest attempt at "creating journalism" (an oxi-moron in an of itself), Dateline planted brand new iPods on park benches and just left them there until people took them. Then they tracked those people down and Chris Hansen confronted them as if they had just asked a 12-year old for sex.

Great job Dateline, way to cheapen the entire "To catch a.." franchise. I found myself actually rooting for many of the so-called "bad guys." They took iPods off of park benches. Call me what you want, but if I stumbled upon a brand new iPod just sitting on a park bench with no owner in sight, "boink!" Hello, free iPod!

C'mon NBC, you can do better.

No comments: