Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Birthday Mixup

I feel old.

Sunday we went to my parent's house. I thought I had remembered everything (Father's Day card/gift -check, diaper bag - check, 2 kids and wife - check) until pulling out of the garage, I suddenly remembered that Monday was my brother's birthday.

Luckily Jana, being the expert craftswoman/cardmaker that she is, had a card already made. I just had to write in it. I quickly scribbled some heartfelt chicken scratch and we were on our way.

When we got to my parent's house, I proudly handed the card over to my brother. He had a confused look on his face but politely said "thank you" as the subject quickly changed.

It wasn't until the next day that I realized I had given the card to the WRONG BROTHER! Since Jordan didn't even come to my parents on Sunday night I didn't even notice! And since Jacob's birthday was a month ago and I probably wasn't thoughtful enough to give him a card then, he just assumed better late than never.

So happy birthday Jacob, I mean Jordan! I owe you a card. Give me month and I'll get it to you, just don't be upset if it has someone else's name on it.

(And yes, Jordan - this it the passport photo I took of you for your mission)

6 comments:

Jana Banana said...

The funny thing about it is that I didn't even catch your mistake- I just went right along with it :) We are both losing our brains!

The Yospe's said...

This'll do just fine.. No card necessary... Sorry we missed ya' on sunday, but it doesn't sound like you missed us. J/K. In leau of a card, I'll just keep your string trimmer. Deal?

The Yospe's said...

Oh, and by the way, the most recent picture you could find of me is 5 years old?

Heather and Jake said...

Ike-

Thanks for the belatted birthday card! I appreciated it! Most people would have not even given it a second thought to have looked in the rear view mirror, so thanks for remembering:)

Jacob

Cheeseboy said...

Ike, it was my birthday today. Where's my $#$#!$ card?!?!?!

Jen said...

That's pretty funny:) Happy Birthday to Jordan...and to Jake a month ago!!