Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kirby Heyborne's Beer Commercial



Yes, that's Mr. RM himself in search of Miller Lite. Apparently, this commercial has the LDS blogging community abuzz. Not one to be left behind by the "blogging community," I'll throw my 2 cents in the ring...

I don't care one bit whatsoever that Brother Heyborne is in this commercial. He is an actor. He needs to work to make money. This is his choice. If he wants to possibly alienate his fan base to make a quick buck, then more power to him.

What I do care about is the fact that he is now defending himself and justifying his decision to do it.

From Mormontimes.com...

"I'm going to play characters that might have moral dilemmas, or do a commercial -- or whatever it is -- because my job is the way that I provide for my family."

The "moral dilemma" his "character" faces is indeed a biggie - where to find beer! What depth Brother Heyborne brings to this complex character! You can count on a follow-up commercial with this "character" realizing the error of his ways. And perhaps a follow-up to the follow-up with both characters getting baptized - in beer!

"I look at it as Heavenly Father was blessing me with a way to support my family and stay afloat for another year," he said.

If anyone reading this is casting for a porno movie, it appears that Kirby is available and willing to try out for "Naked guy #3." The opportunity would be a blessing from the Lord.

5 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I hope Heavenly Father gives him a role in a porn movie next for the sake of his family.

Anonymous said...

How can you know how spiritual your church acting is if you don't dip into the sinful acting a bit.

"wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin."

Anonymous said...

So, what is the difference in what he is doing or Marie Osmond dancing without her garments on Dancing with the Stars? or--any mormon actor who swears in a movie--or wears "cleavage" or stuff like that? He is an "actor"--but maybe he shouldn't be promoting beer. The jury is still out on this one.

Anonymous said...

Are my comments too late to be read? I just figured out how to do this after a great lesson from Abe.

Ike said...

Yes, your comments are too late. This case has been closed.