Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mormon Daddy Blog

Perhaps this is a cheap shot, since Abe is at the cabin and can't really defend himself (at least for the next week), but I wanted to respond to Abe's post about Mormon mom blogs. Guess what Abe? Mormon daddy blogs are just as cliche, and yours fits the niche perfectly!

What constitutes a Mormon Daddy Blog:

  1. In an attempt to show your "rebellious" side, you must have at least 1 swear for every 3 posts. Everyone will think you're cool in a James Dean or Fonzie kinda way.
  2. Somewhere on your blog, you must show you are a fan of "The Office." (see my link to Dwight's blog on the right) What better way to show you know what is hip than subtly hinting of your appreciation of this show.
  3. Must tell people about music they are likely to never care about. I am the king of this. I'm always trying to convert people to like the bands I like. And the few times that I'm successful in doing so I kick myself because I'm no longer the only person that likes them.
  4. Must have posts that say something to the effect of "Please don't be offended by what I'm about to say..." and then go on to say something that is obviously offensive.
  5. Must have at least 4 polls to the side quizzing readers about pointless subjects such as which Star Wars movie is the best, or what's better, Chutes and Ladders or Sorry?
  6. Must be very plain, giving off the vibe that "I don't care what my blog looks like," even though you must care a lot about your blog because you obviously spend a LOT of time posting to it.
  7. Must carry on conversations in the comment forums. Yes, an email to a person would be more personable and appropriate, but this way it jacks up the amount of comments making you feel extra special (even though half of the comments are from yourself). I do this all the time.
  8. Must have sports predictions. This way, if you're right you can do a follow-up post bragging about it. If you're wrong, just don't make any further mention of it because no one really ever cared anyway. Is it going out on a limb to predict the Jazz won't win the championship? I sure am a brave soul!
  9. Must retell funny stories about adolescent misbehavior. In these posts, you must pretend to be sorry for what you did (even though you're not and you wanted to post it to get additional laughs after all these years).
  10. Posts about things you dislike must outnumber positive posts by at least a 2-to-1 ratio.
Please, do not be offended if your blog fits this mold. I know mine does to a T. Like you Abe, I'm just trying to educate the public as to what exactly a Mormon Daddy Blog is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a confrontation? Be careful what you say on your blog.

Jana Banana said...

Hey Ike- thanks for standing up for the mormon mom bloggers!! Loved it :)

Esther said...

Now what would be extra funny is if you responded to all these comments to double your "comment" amount.

Ike said...

Yes, that would be funny wouldn't it?

Ike said...

By the way, are you eating at mom & dad's this Sunday?

Ike said...

Or are you eating at Josh's parents?