Luke woke us up at 8 o'clock sharp as usual this morning. When I'm fasting I like to get as much sleep as possible to forget about my rumbly tummy; so I got Luke his chocolate milk, put on Barney and went back to sleep on the couch. That kept him content for almost another hour.
Besides the morning Barney, we didn't turn the TV on even once (except for me to put up my last blog post). I probably read 10 books to Luke this morning and another 3 in sacrament meeting. Luke loves to be read to, and I love to read to him, just not 13 books. But today I could have read him 20. We need to try harder to keep the TV off, especially on Sundays.
Church today was the easiest I can remember in a long time. Max slept the first 2 hours and when he woke up in sacrament meeting he just cooed and smiled the rest of the block. Luke was a perfect angel and I can't remember him ever being so good. I think we've finally got it down to an exact science of the toys, books and snacks to bring that will keep him entertained for 70 minutes exactly. I better knock on wood now before I jinx us for next week.
Man I sure am silly. And Luke's silly too, he would have you know. Both Luke and Max are at really fun ages right now. Luke is kind of growing out of the terrible twos (he still has his moments), and Max has entered the point of his life where anything will make him smile. I really don't like newborns, but once kids get to 6 months and can smile and you can hold them without worrying about their heads falling off - hand em over! Especially if they're mine. If they're not mine than only hand them over for a minute or two.
I'm not the only silly parent around. Here's the lovely Jana wearing a hat that I think Katie (our next door neighbor) gave her at her 1-year-old's birthday party yesterday.
2 comments:
Hey! Those hats kept my face from being burned! Okay, they are pretty silly, especially after seeing my picture (it'll be on my blog shortly) but it was a one time event! :)
Ike, the TV can be your friend. Use it to your advantage.
Post a Comment